CLUB NEWS UPDATE
Firstly a big THANK YOU to you for supporting the club as we move out of the pandemic. We are working hard to rebuild your club for you. To this end you will have seen various communications over the last few months which we thought we’d bring together here.
The roof leaks have been repaired and the courts have been professionally refurbished. Many of you have commented on how good they look. Thank you.
We have now installed the entrance door control and you have received your personal PIN code. As this is obviously intended to restrict access to the courts to paying members and their guests, we ask you not to share your PIN number with anyone else. If you prefer we can also issue you with your own fob for the door. Please let Paul Reeves know if you would like this.
From Monday 5th July we move on to Mycourts for court bookings, leagues and tournaments. You should have received your login details for this. There are several advantages to adopting this new system:
- Leagues – we have now restarted both squash and racketball leagues and these are now completely online in Mycourts including the inputting of results and immediate update of the box leagues. We have removed the “matches played multiplier” from the scoring so what you see is what you get but we would remind you that the leagues are at their best when everyone plays all their matches!
- Tournaments – these will also be open and visible on Mycourts starting with the Summer Team Handicap which will be online very soon. A separate announcement will be sent for the teams and scheduling, watch this space…
- Court Bookings – easy to do with reminder emails for the named players on the morning of the booking. And behind the scenes we have better functionality for repeat or block bookings. We have also been able to return to priority booking for DSRC members (14 days) over Wave users (10 days) and Pay n Play (7 days).
- GPS Check In – please “Check In” your court booking when you arrive at the club. This benefits all members as it is a measure to avoid the old problem of courts being booked and not used. If you do not “Check In” you will be charged a No Show fee of £3 (you get 1 chance for free!). If you cancel a court booking prior to 48 hours before the booking then no fee is charged and that cancellation is alerted to those members who have selected “Cancelled Court Notifications”. The “Check In” uses your GPS on you phone and can be done when you are within 50m of the club.
- Guest Fees – DSRC is a friendly club and we welcome guests to our club. That said, as our club sits within the Sports Club and we do not have complete control over the environment, I’m sure will agree that we do not want people taking advantage of this to play regularly with non-members for free! But we do want to welcome occasional guests for whom there is a small guest fee of £5 for adults and £3 for juniors (U19). Guests who are immediate family of members (spouse/partner, children & grandchildren only) are charged at £2.50 for adults and £1.50 for juniors (U19). This is payable by the member making the booking by using the “Buy Credit” option in “Your Account”. This is intended for occasional guests only and, for fairness all round, will be monitored for misuse.
Sussex Team Squash
Team squash will be restarting again in September. We currently intend to field 3 teams. If you haven’t already expressed your interest in playing teams this season, please let Rob Greengrass know.
Junior coaching is now being run on Sunday mornings from 9am to 11am. It’s fun and free for members but guests can try it out for free. It suits juniors aged from approx. 7 years old of all standards and is perfect for beginners trying out the sport. Please contact Neil Cooper if you want to join in or know someone who does.
These are now back up and running and well attended on Thursday mornings from 9.20am. Friendly, fun matches followed by a drink and a chat. Contact Bob Shelley if you want to join in.
Finally another big thank you to those of you who have recently been turning up for CLUB NIGHT on Wednesday nights If you’re not one of these people then you won’t have seen what a great turn out and atmosphere there has been lately. Some of us have even been enjoying a beer afterwards! It’s just like old times!
We hope you agree that the investments in and improvements to your club can help it go from strength to strength in the future. And we hope to see you down there soon!
From The Dunnings Committee