We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us. This notice applies to you if you have registered to become or are a member of our club. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to the Dunnings Squash & Racketball Club.
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws. Contact details are set out in the “Contacting us” section at the end of this privacy notice.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Depending on the type of membership you register for with us, you may initially provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your:
- personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- date of birth;
- membership start and end date;
- records of your interactions with us such as emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- any payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you;
- any bank details you provide so that we can pay you and details of such financial transactions;
- use of and movements through our website such as passwords, personal identification numbers, IP addresses, user names and other IT system identifying information;
- records of your attendance at any events hosted by us;
- images in video and/or photographic form;
- details of your England Squash affiliation/membership;
- records and assessment of any player rankings, grading or ratings, competition results, details regarding events/matches/games attended and performance;
- any disciplinary and grievance information;
WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We typically collect personal information about our members when you apply to become a member of the club, you register an account with us at www.dsrc.org.uk, when you make a query and/or complaint or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way.
We also collect personal information about you from Wave, the operator of East Grinstead Sports Club, when you purchase your membership to the club from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for being able to do this.
|Purpose||Personal information used||Lawful basis|
|To administer any membership you have with us and managing our relationship with you, including dealing with payments made to you or by you||All contact and membership details, transaction and payment information and records of your interactions with us||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer your membership contract with us|
|To send you information about the club including details about competitions, news and events||Contact and membership details||This is necessary to enable us to properly manage and administer your membership contract with us|
|To answer your queries or complaints||Contact details and records of your interactions with us||We have a legitimate interest to provide complaint handling services to you in case there are any issues with your membership|
|Retention of records||All the personal information we collect.||We have a legitimate interest in retaining records whilst they may be required in relation to complaints or claims. We need to retain records in order to properly administer and manage your membership and run our club|
|The security of our website||Your login details||We have a legitimate interest to ensure that our website is secure|
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the “Contacting us” section below.
Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of the data made before you withdrew your consent and we may still be entitled to hold and process the relevant personal information to the extent that we are entitled to do so on bases other than your consent. Withdrawing consent may also have the same effects as not providing the information in the first place, for example we may no longer be able to provide certain member benefits to you.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes except to let you know about club events.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal information with the following parties:
- To other club members: so that they can contact you. We do this only in the Members Area of the website which is only accessible by current club members.
- To Wave, the operator of East Grinstead Sports Club: so that they can contact you regarding news and events at East Grinstead Sports Club and so that they know you are a member of the club.
- To Sussex Squash: to allow them to properly administer squash and racketball leagues and competitions.
- To England Squash: to allow them to administer your membership and other benefits and services that your membership with them entitles you to.
- To the Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives.
- To the Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security.
- To any other party approved by you: and only if we have your written permission.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long-term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements. Generally, where there is no legal requirement we retain all physical and electronic records for a period of 2 years after your last contact with us or the end of your membership.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address. You can contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; and
- the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the “Contacting us” section below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email our Data Protection Officer, Neil Cooper, at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the Contact Us section of our website, www.dsrc.org.uk.